Lobster Project: The Tail

*PHOTOS WILL BE ADDED ONCE THE PRINT IS COMPLETE*

Inspiration

Dr. Cooke began each and every one of her classes this semester with a lobster fact and everyone in the class loved it! These facts were something interesting that helped engage us early in the morning and got us prepped for the more intensive learning we were going to do. So, Ethan, Rachel, Nick, and myself decided to combine our knowledge of Fusion360 and create a lobster for Dr. Cooke for our prop project and final project.

The Process

Before all else, we took a class to get a blueprint of what we wanted the lobster to look like and what our dimensions were going to be which is below:

We knew that the size of the lobster we were going to make was larger than the print bed itself so we couldn’t do a single print. We decided we would make joints that snapped together in order to combine the multiple pieces we were making. I was put in charge of making the tail for the lobster.

The reference picture was as follows:

https://www.thedailymeal.com/lobster-emoji-legs-twitter/22618

Leave a Reply